HK HIGH KICKS, LLC @VTCRC is located in the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center at 1800 Kraft Dr., Suite 111, Blacksburg, Virginia 24060.
Accessible from Virginia Tech campus, downtown Blacksburg, and Highway 460 from Research Center Dr. The studio is located on the first floor as you enter the Founders Building - 1800 Kraft. Dr.
New route to HK December 2017
The new interchange on U.S. Route 460 near Southgate Drive is scheduled to open mid December 2017. Learn how to the navigate the "Diverging Diamond" traffic pattern by watching this film and getting more information from the Virginia Department of Transportation.
Benefits of the Diverging Diamond Interchange
A new and innovative design, the diverging diamond interchange increases safety and moves a higher volume of vehicles without increasing the number of lanes. A diverging diamond interchange:
- Reduces congestion by allowing traffic to keep moving through an intersection
- Improves safety by allowing free flowing turns when entering or exiting the roadway, eliminating left turns against oncoming traffic and reducing the number of traffic signal phases
- Provides better sight distance at turns and fewer chances to conflict with other vehicles, which results in fewer crashes.
Driving through the Diverging Diamond Interchange
When driving through the interchange, drivers will travel temporarily to the left side of the road.
- Proceed through the traffic signal at the entrance to the interchange and follow their lane to the opposite side of the roadway.
- Pay close attention and follow signs and pavement markings that will guide them through the interchange.
- Be patient with other drivers in the area.
Resources for drivers, including graphics and videos, are available on VDOT’s website at www.virginiadot.org/VTGateway.