Cleanse gemstones before & after each use with HK Cleansing Tools.
HK preferred method of cleansing: Selenite and Palo Santo.
Gemstones that never need cleansing: kyanite, citrine, Super Seven, and selenite.
Additional Ways to Cleanse Gemstones:
- Place smaller gemstones on top of cleansed and dedicated large quartz cluster.
- Carnelian cleanses other crystals; cleanse carnelian after each use.
- Cleanse gemstones in fresh or dried flower petals for 24 hours.
- Clear gemstones under running water or natural water sources. Some gemstones are water soluble and cannot be cleansed in water.
- Water will damage or dissolve the following gemstones: calcite, gypsum, selenite (all forms), halite, pyrite, optical calcite, malachite, hematite, magnetite, lodestone, and turquoise.
- Place crystals on top of or bury in plant soil for 24 hours.
- Sunlight cleanses gemstones, and some gemstones are photosensitive.
- Following gemstones will fade in sunlight: amethyst, fluorite, rose quartz, calcites, ametrine, aquamarine, celestite, kunzite, opal, prasiolite, smoky quartz, and topaz.
- Coarse, dry salt crystals are commonly used to cleanse gemstones for up to 24 hours. Due to the abrasive nature of salt, take caution with softer crystals.
- If salt is used to cleanse, rinse crystal well with pure water and dry thoroughly with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using salt with friable crystals.
- In humid climates, salt crystals may cause damage to gemstones over time.
- Salt can get stuck in gemstone crevices, and if combined with water molecules in humid air, may split the crystal.
- Avoid using salt to cleanse the following: calcite, carnelian, hematite, labradorite, spectrolite, lepidolite, magnetite, mica, moldavite, opal, turquoise, ulexite, and most gemstone clusters.
- Handle with care. Detailed list of potentially toxic gemstones.
- Sensitive gemstones are softer and scratch easily. Minerals with a hardness below five are easily scratched by quartz; consult the Mohs hardness scale.
- Keep the following softer gemstones separate or protected from other crystals: fluorite, aventurine, selenite, malachite, turquoise, celestite, and chyrsocolla.
- Do not use jewelry polishing cloths on the following: amber, coral, emerald, ivory, jadeite, lapis lazuli, malachite, opal, and pearls.